You might have seen Hindu sages or priests wearing Rudraksha beads. The purpose of those beads is not simply ornamental. The beads are metaphysical in nature. They hold the potential to manifest the cosmic power of the universe.
Rudraksha translates to – the eye of Shiva. Lord Shiva is one of the chief primordial Hindu deities, along with Brahma and Vishnu. This trinity has composed and balanced the universe. It has created it, preserved it and can destroy it. The wearer of Rudraksha beads receives the universal benefits of this instrument.
Yogis and monks are witnesses to this power. Wearing Rudraksha beads grants them peace of mind and an unbreakable concentration. They can meditate for hours under Rudraksha’s influence.
Rudraksha is a seed obtained from Utrasum Bead Tree (its scientific name is Elaeocarpus ganitrus). This tree is widely found in India, Nepal and Indonesia.
The berry which holds the Rudraksha tree has medicinal properties. Consumption of the Rudraksha berry greatly relieves stress. It also cures circulatory problems.
The surface of a Rudraksha seed has clefts. You can feel them by running your finger over the seed. These clefts are known as Mukhi. The quality of Rudraksha depends on the number of Mukhi on the surface.
An experienced astrologer or sage will tell you which Mukhi is perfect for you. To reap the maximum benefits from it, follow the guidelines below.
How and When to Wear Rudraksha Properly
- The Rudraksha must be purchased with your own money. You cannot borrow money from someone else.
- A sage, astrologer or priest must activate the powers of Rudraksha first. Otherwise, wearing it will do no good.
- Follow the instructions of the astrologer. They will advise you the perfect day to start wearing your beads. This will also include a Pooja (prayer and meditation) on that eventful day.
- Do not wear your Rudraksha beads to mourning events, like a funeral.
- Always touch your beads with clean and washed hands.
- While wearing the beads, do not eat non-vegetarian food
What are the Benefits of Wearing Rudraksha
Rudraksha provides holistic benefits to the wearer. These benefits go beyond the physical, reaching deep inside the spirit and out toward the entire universe.
- Rudraksha acts as a spiritual field, protecting the wearer against evil energies.
- The beads have the power to cleanse away sins. The wearer has a chance to redeem themselves.
- Some of you many have malefic planets in your natal/birth chart. Rudraksha will cancel out their negative influence on you.
- Rudraksha endows the wearer with immense focus. This also boosts their memory.
- For unstable people, Rudraksha provides peace, support and stability.
- Wearing Rudraksha purifies the life of the wearer overall.
- The wearer of Rudraksha will feel strong and active.
- The beads relieve high blood pressure and hypertension.
- Rudraksha prevents and cures all kinds of skin ailments.
- The medicinal properties of Rudraksha increase the speed of wound-healing.
- Rudraksha seed is used to check the quality of food and water. To ascertain the quality of water, place a seed over the water. If the seed turns clockwise then the water is safe to drink. But if the seed turns anticlockwise, the water is infected or poisoned.
Rudraksha beads are excellent for meditation and reciting prayers. They possess metaphysical properties and offer many benefits to the wearer. Always consult a professional astrologer or an experienced sage before wearing your beads. The form of Rudraksha, the number of Mukhi required will vary from birth chart to birth chart.
The power of Rudraksha should not be taken lightly. If this mighty seed is used incorrectly, it can do more harm than good.